Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New year?

The new year always brings with it the question- well what's new? Truth is-nothing is. I was sick this new year like the year before last and the year before that (someone is clealry trying to tell me something, I'm just not sure what that is) I had initially decided I would start the new year blog post with resolutions and good intentions and all kinds of crap we say and do to make ourselves feel better about what is actually a depressing milestone, but I think after years of trying (ok not so much) I have come to the slightly delayed conclusion that all these parties and celebrations have begun to pale. I watched the news segment-lights exploding everywhere as people screamed the countdown and I just felt a little amused. They'll do it the next year and the year after that and the year after that.. and so on. I felt wonderfully cynical in my old DU sweatshirt about being a little miss know it all. But the truth is, life is depressing and there is no fun in knowing anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment