Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blue

Sometimes a day is just drenched in blue.

And then there's this:



The dancer's name is Melanie Moore. The music is from the movie New Moon from the Twilight Saga. I haven't watched the film but this has to be all that's good about it. I first saw Melanie is her audition for SYTYCD Season 8. Her audition is a shorter version of this and I watched it 10 times non stop. So obviously I had to see if there were more videos of her and then I found this one.

I love her bird like movements. I love how she's not too pretty is her poses. And like one of the commenters have said she dances with her entire body. Each movement is finished.

My blues have no place here. Awe can do that to you.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh,I love this- she is absolutely spellbinding. Her movements are so fluid, expressive, flawless. And what a great accompaniment! This compliments Alexander Desplat more than those vampires ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isa! I know I know. I keep coming back to this. I hope she makes it far. There is this horrible trend of really interesting dancers not making it on the show.And damn those vampires. They don't deserve this music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn't help but share my favorite dancer:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el9v1pgTOt4

    ReplyDelete