Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Books I have to have to get my hands on

So these days I'm always in the mood to read. I haven't felt like this in a long long time. There was a time when you'd always see me with a book attached to my face. Then I guess all that went away when I succumbed to bad TV and the internet *sigh* but not anymore. These days when I see a book my fingers always get a little itchy and I can feel the stirrings of interest that is purely involuntary and it's not something I have to generate. So the other day I went to Bookworm with I (who I am so so happy is going to be in Bangalore) and I died. I was flat broke and there were so many books I wanted to buy. Still, with barely any money in my pocket or in my account(sob! sob!) I bought Murder At The Vicarage by Agatha Christie(I'm obsessed all over again. Someone stop me! Bought a Pocket Full Of Rye only two days later) and The Delta of Venus by Anaïs Nin-this will be my first Anaïs Nin, I've been reading up on her and I find her fascinating. And this will be my first dive into apparently good erotica. Okay now getting to my list:

1. Crooked House by Agatha Christie
2. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
3. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood

Ok not much of a list-:s. But still, of the three the first one is going to be very hard to find. I combed through Landmark yesterday and I couldn't find it anywhere. Come to think of it I've never seen it in a bookstore. It's probably her creepiest yet and I searched for it with a desperation that I think creeped out poor I.

By the way, did you know creeped wasn't a word? Apparently I've been taking gross liberties with this language.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Lemme know when we can go book hunting again. Went to Landmark yesterday, and ended up going to the Agatha Christie section. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Me too! How come I didn't see you there?? And I found Crooked House! Only problem: Pockets still empty:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( that sucks! When did you go? I only went in the evening. Sometime around 7 i think.

    ReplyDelete