Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Playlist

My current obsessions:

1. Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens
I love this man. I love this song. Special mention also for :
Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois; They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh! (to be loved just for its name); Romulus-I am beginning to love this album more than Seven Swans.

2. We have a map of the piano by Múm
Courtesy the lovely Isa.

3. Pink Bullets by The Shins
I will never get over this song. I think I've been obsessed for over a year now.

4. They'll never take the good years by Wiliam Fitzsimmons
It kills me with its laid back sweetness.

5. 4th Time Around by Bob Dylan
A little gem that I almost missed.

6. Brooks Was Here by Thomas Newman
The haunting background score for Shawshank Redemption's most moving scene spelt out alienation so starkly, you couldn't avoid it. Much like Brooks, this piece leaves its mark on you.

7. Humans are Dead by Flight of the Conchords
Though it may not seem like I have a sense from the humor from the above list, I think mention of this song and is enough to save me from any hasty conclusions.





No comments:

Post a Comment