Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

When did things start to suck so much?

I'll say it once I'll say it twice: Facebook sucks. And yet I remain on the idiotic site as if I were to leave I would lose all my friends and any semblance of a connection with the world. I hate that it makes people seem so accessible. I hate that you can't get over anything because there are constant reminders in the form of pictures or events or idiotic wallposts when all you want to do is forget. Instead there is the replay of every single ugly conversation and/or encounter and the constant reminder that your life is not what it once used to be.

And then here's an excellent article pointing out the function of facebook.

I realise what I've said above seems to be missing the point but while I fully agree with the whole facebook-is-a-business-and-it's-your-responsibility-what-you-do-with-the-tool, I really do hate what it's done to relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment