Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Movies I will probably end up watching even though they promise to be terrible.

New Moon

Oh my god! How bad is the book?? The first one I barely skimmed through but this one, I could not get past the first two chapters. Seriously how is it possible to make vampires boring?(I'm sure there is an army of tweens planning my destruction now).And can the heroine be more annoying? Besides her limited vocabulary in describing the apparently unearthly like features of the brooding vampire, she has to be one of the most poorly written female characters ever! I mean come on look at Hermione Granger or Luna Lovegood. JK Rowling, whatever her flaws(some more obvious now), created really strong,well defined, likable characters- even if they did wobble once in a while.And I honestly don't know know why Kristen Stewart agreed to act in this travesty of a series. I actually find her very interesting. And I'm sorry Robert Pattinson cannot act. Yes he looks bloodless and his hair is teased appropriately but please watch the scene in Twilight(vomit) where he is (apparently) resisting Bella's scent(again,vomit); his attempt at looking tortured fails miserably. The guys looks merely constipated-not attractive. I was mildly interested when I found out he played Salvador Dali in "Little Ashes". Then I watched one scene in the film and well...less said the better. Still, I'll probably watch New Moon when it comes out because I am jobless and mean. I guess that doesn't say much about me.

2012

Blah blah! Another movie about how America saves the day. Seriously Hollywood. You're an insult to your cliches. Okay truth is I haven't watched it yet. (Duh! Hence the title) But this just looks like Independence Day (another gem of course) Oh! wait. It's by the same director. Go figure. But John Cusak! I have one question for you- Why???Remember High fidelity? ? Okay that's two questions. :s Are you one of those people who really identify with a smiley and find it to be a better mirror of what you feel than in fact your own face?(pulling faces in the mirror-I invoke my inner Calvin)

But on an aside read this delicious blog by an American, 30 something woman who loves Bollywood. Makes me fall in love with the "Indian film industry"(who are we kidding??) all over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment