Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Passenger

I have definitely featured this artist here before. But I failed to mention how he has completely taken over my life. I first heard Passenger in S's house. It was early last year when I was dabbling in a little unemployment here, a little broke-ness there (you know, just because I like to). I had run away to Madras for 3 weeks in the hopes that someone there would give me a job. Anyway, so on what was the last day (I didn't find a job) we were sitting on the floor of her living room after dinner with at least three laptops open and my ipod all good and ready to steal her music from her when she was like  " Oh my god, Kow! (I don't understand why my friends spell it like that. I guess it's because I'm not a real cow? I can hope.) I have to make you listen to this guy!" I was all like "Yeah yeah in a minute, let me finish taking AIR (J'adore! See what I did?? No..? No?) from you." Anyway, she chuckled, cursed me ( because occasionally we pretend that we're bad ass gangsters who curse as we breathe) and went on with whatever she was doing. Anyway, so I opened itunes and played "The Last Unicorn" and then oh my god Mike Rosenberg's voice filled the room and in an instant I was hooked. Anyway, after that I have listened to the album Wide Eyes Blind Love so many times that on Lastfm I think that I have the highest number of plays for Passenger. Quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, I wish I could convey how much I love this guy. I know there's a band in there but for me it's just him. I often try (and fail) to write about music on this blog. It's just too damn hard. I'd consider it a fine achievement if I could but as I work on that skill why don't you read his interview here (he's also really funny in a way that only Brit's can be) and then go look for his album Wide Eyes Blind Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment