Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SYTYCD Favourites

Season 7 was a bit of roller coaster. Dancers getting injured, some not so great judging (Mia please go back to choreographing. It was greatly missed, your judging on the other hand will not have the same fate. I still  love you.) and then the controversial decision to take only 10 dancers and pair them up with SYTYCD alumni (given the moniker "the all-stars" umm what??). I recently heard that they will be going back to the old format for Season 8 as the new one didn't bode too well with audiences. I can understand why people had so many problems with the new format though. It's lovely to see the dancers grow on the show and grow with each other. With the new format they were thrown into performing at a level(because they were paired with the much more experienced all stars) that they might not have been prepared for and hence all the injuries. However, this also meant a high caliber of dancing early on and unlike other seasons it has been difficult to choose a favourite because they were all so damn good. The one I have picked for today was an instant favourite of mine.



Ashley moves like water in this piece. And her hair! Oh my gosh her hair was just beautiful. I was really sad to see her go because of an injury. And I am confused. Why was Alex Wong asked to return for the next season and not Ashley? They both had serious injuries right? Hmm.

Anyway, this dance is stunning. And I don't know how Ade does it. He manages to make it look like Ashley is this thistle blowing in the wind. I love everything about this dance. The dancers, the music (Florence + the Machine yay!), the concept, everything. And like Cat said , the moment they almost kiss but then don't is so beautiful. So poignant.

Unfortunately, Youtube is spoiling my fun by refusing to let me embed the video. So go here.


No comments:

Post a Comment